Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

First message and presentation

It's a pleasure for me to write the first message of this science-related electronic notebook. My name is Jon Agirre, I'm a computer engineer and I'm currently (2005) working on my Ph.D. on Protein Crystallography. Yes, sounds strange, but this is the path I chose two years ago. I felt that the only way I could "make science" with my computing knowledge was helping other sciences, applying computing skills to the resolution of BIG problems. So, I contacted researchers from very different fields to try to obtain a unique motivation for my Ph.D.

And now, I'm here to become a crystallographer. Two years passed since I made my decission, but that's nothing compared to the amount of time I will spend increasing my ignorance.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?